Administrative Assistant to the Bishop – Volunteer
The diocese is in need of a part-time volunteer to serve as Administrative Assistant to the bishop ordinary. The Administrative Assistant will work directly with the bishop to handle scheduling, correspondence, and related items. This remote position will require frequent use of telephone, email, web conferencing, and related technology.
Important: This is a volunteer, unpaid position.
The right candidate will be a deeply-committed Christian who is gifted in administration and organization, and who desires to use these gifts to the glory of God.
- coordinating calendar activities for multiple entities;
- planning meetings and taking detailed minutes;
- handling phone calls and correspondence;
- maintaining contact lists and compiling report data;
- making travel arrangements;
- transcribing, editing, and formatting policies and procedures;
- and similar tasks.
Necessary skills include:
- knowledge of common office procedures;
- proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
- high familiarity with Internet navigation and use of virtual communication tools;
- time management skills and ability to prioritize work effort;
- attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- ability to say “no.”
A high school diploma is required. Additional education may be helpful but is not required. Experience in similar work is highly desired.